Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Let's Talk About It -- Week 11

This week in the CHILL lab, I drove out to Mesa to test new kids. The girl I tested became incredibly frustrated during her first word learning task.

I've noticed that it takes most sixth graders until the last of four rounds to remember the names and appearances of all the monsters whereas my tenth grade sister had everything down by the second round. This may seem obvious, but it supports the conclusions the CHILL lab has been trying to draw. Age affects working memory. The older a student is, the easier it is for them to remember a series of meaningless syllables.

On Wednesday, I continued assessments on the same students.

In the SLG lab, I continued my work from last week, copying the mutations with the highest CADD and polyphen scores to a new document. This process will likely take all of this week and most of next, so as of yet there aren't any new developments in the SLG lab.

Overall, week 11 wasn't particularly exciting, but as my senior project comes to a close - and the presentation deadline draws nearer - all my labs have started reaching conclusions that I'll be able to more accurately report on!

See you next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment