Saturday, March 4, 2017

Let's Talk About It -- Week 4

Week 4 continued on a similar note. Tuesday in the CHILLL lab, I finished testing myself on the POWWER game and learned how to pack up the computer cases. Finally I can practice supervising while a student takes the tests! This week, I practiced on my 15 year old sister, Jessica, who like me was a bit patronized by the pirate at first but later found the competitive nature of the game somewhat entertaining. This weekend I plan to finish my trial run with Jessica and report back to the lab.

The SLG lab too was a bit slower this week. I could only work thursday, but Karishma and I searched through detailed spreadsheets which listed all the genes found in each patient. We flagged specific genes known in previous studies to affect speech, language, and memory for further examination. Likely, we will finish this work next week.

Later this week I will attach pictures of the computer I had to bring home from the CHILLL lab. The case and computer together weight 50 pounds and would be quite a struggle to take on the bus! Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment