Friday, March 17, 2017

Let's Talk About It -- Week 6

Week 6 continued similarly to week 5. In the CHILLL lab, I met with Dr. Gray to discuss the lab's progress and signed up to RA further assessments over the weekend.

Tuesday and Thursday I spent most of my time in the SLG lab. Finally we were nearing the final pieces of our data analysis, which meant more spreadsheets. Karishma and I compiled a list of all genes thought to affect either speech and language or memory. We created a document with the gene names and the chromosomal regions they supposedly affect. Next, with a file so big Dr. Peter’s Mac couldn’t open it, we checked these specified regions against the information from our test subjects for possible point mutations. Next week we will try to narrow now specific genes/chromosomal regions that seem to affect only the children with low working memory scores, dyslexia, or speech impairment

Here is the desk I work at in Dr. Peter's lab, complete with three separate spreadsheets open on the computer. 
Though not much changed this week, I'm looking forward to finding and analyzing results from both labs in the weeks to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment